Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

the wind roars.

This is actually last week's outfit. It's so incredibly windy today. I'm sitting in class, and it's roaring winds outside right now. The type of wind that would carry me away if I were trying to walk outside. It was really sunny when I was outside but cold.

dress and necklace from forever21, pants and jacket from Taiwan, Docs.

This is an outerwear design board from last week for sketching class. The projects for that class are similar to those of apparel design but condensed. We choose inspiration pictures and design a few garments to go with them and that's it. Apparel Presentation, on the other hand, we need to make several boards for inspiration, make a moodboard, develop rough designs, and create a full collection with croquis, flats, and swatches.
I had my apparel critique today and I hope it'll be graded alright. Even when my teacher really likes my work, the highest grade I've ever gotten as of yet is a B.
This collection is based on sculptural silhouettes, technology, and androgynous aspects. I started off with 53 designs that I did, and for our final decision my teacher Gene wanted us to narrow down to 8-10, which was way too difficult, so I did 15. Even 15 as hard. In the critique today, I went first. Gene said only good things about it, except for the floats (which I did instead of flats) being too crowded, which I totally understand because I feel the same way. In total front and back, there are 70 flats, and I stuffed it onto three boards when it should have taken much more room.

A little sleep deprived from working on this project. Deciding between doing homework when I go back after my night class or sleeping.

Love, Kaia

3 comments:

Ludo said...

I would love a detail shot of some of your designs. You have a great drawing style.

prancing bee said...

I love your designs! It looks so neat on that wall.

A said...

Your teacher is crazy,those designs are really neat! I really like your art style!

I think your outfit it really cute too! I like the plaid dress. Your outfits always look so cute and effortless, I would look like a hobo wearing that. xD

Post a Comment